The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities, their families and their carers are able to fully access our services and facilities, providing them with the same opportunities, rights and responsibilities enjoyed by all other people in the community.
Our cemeteries offer the following accessibility features:
- Disability parking bays at all cemeteries and memorial parks. Please refer to the relevant map under Our Cemeteries to view parking locations.
- Wide aisles to allow wheelchair access in all chapels.
- Sealed pathway from the bus stop to the chapel and lounge at Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park, and sealed pathway access to all chapels at Karrakatta and Fremantle Cemeteries.
- Wheelchair access at Karrakatta Cemetery and Pinnaroo offices.
- Wheelchair access to mausoleums at Karrakatta, Fremantle, Midland and Guildford Cemeteries.
- Wheelchair access ramp near bus stop on Railway Road near Karrakatta Cemetery main entry.
- Disabled toilet facilities at the chapels at Karrakatta and Fremantle Cemeteries, Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park and the All Saints Mausoleum at Karrakatta Cemetery.
- Audio loops in all chapels for the hearing impaired.
- Wheelchairs for loan, available at all cemeteries.
- Matting to enable wheelchair access at funerals on lawn and non-sealed areas, on request.
If you require assistance with:
- Gaining access to services and events, including graveside services and burial locations,
- Information on accessibility to buildings and other facilities, or
- Special requirements to access information;
Please let your Funeral Director know, or contact our client services staff at any of our offices.
Information and Communications
- The MCB website is compliant with the guidelines for accessibility of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Accessibility features available on this site include descriptive text for images that can be read by assistive technologies, a high contrast colour scheme that assists users with visual impairments and the use of lightweight images and design to decrease load times.
- MCB publications are available in alternative formats on request, such as hard copies and large print.
- The MCB will make arrangements for an interpreting or translations service for people who are not able to communicate effectively in written and/or spoken English. We are compliant with the Western Australian Government's
Language Services Policy.
- Hearing or speech-impaired clients may seek the services of the
National Relay Service by calling 133 677 (TTY/voice calls),
1300 555 727 (Speak & Listen), or 0423 677 767 (SMS Relay).
The MCB is continually working to improve its disability access services and facilities. We consult with people with a disability, carers and advocates, and our contractors to obtain feedback on how we can improve our services and facilities
The MCB audits all sites to identify areas for improvement such as upgraded kerbing and pathways, the installation of additional disability parking bays within cemetery grounds, and regularly delivers staff training that enhances awareness and skills in disability access issues.
The MCB Disability Access and Inclusion Plan can be downloaded from the link below. The MCB reports against this plan annually and it is reviewed on an ongoing basis.